Sunday, July 27, 2014

The 4C's - by Jessica

Creativity
Disneyland, its a place that proves that fun is ageless, that magic is a timeless concept, and that Walt Disney is one of the greatest Leaders of all time. The whole foundation of Disneyland is based of perseverance, Walt Disney was a man, who above all said yes to no.

Curiosity 
The Disney YES Program was a hidden gem that I had not had any knowledge of. It taught me that a great Leader, listens, perseveres, and most importantly says Yes to No. That to be a great leader, you have to be creative, constant, curious confident and most importantly to be a great leader, you have to be aware of your core values. To have a clear mission of what your legacy will contain. The YES program has taught me that your impact can be small or large as long as you make one, you change the life of one or many that is when you know you are a great Leader.

Confidence
Not only was this trip a leadership learning activity, it helped me to strengthen my bond with the other member of student council. I had known many of the member seeing them at meetings and in the halls but I realized I hadn't really known them. I got to interact with them on a deeper level, and I can proudly say after 5 amazing days with some of the best people ever, I have made 20 new friends. 

Constancy
Now throughout this entire trip there was one continuous theme. Fun ageless timeless fun. Whether it was waiting to depart on a new adventure, singing Frozen songs in an Airport with 19 strangers to singing Frozen songs with 19 new friends from California Adventure all the way to the hotel. Sitting poolside in the nicest heat with 15 of my new friends to sitting scared on the Hollywood Tower of Terror, reaching new heights! One of the best ingredients to my 5 day in heaven was the fun I shared with 19 other adolescents.
                                   
Coming down from Cloud nine was one of the hardest things for me to do. Coming back to reality that was tough. I will leave you now with my most favorite Walt Disney Quotes, 

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”~Walt Disney. 

No comments:

Post a Comment