Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thinking of a Magical World - Reflections by Jennah

As I write this blog post on the 14th of May, I am thinking of exactly two weeks ago when I was in the magical world of Disneyland.  Disneyland is known for being an amusement park that inspires people to be joyful and create exciting memories.  Disneyland is a place where dreams come true; and two weeks ago, I learnt a lot about my dreams and how to achieve them.

Everyone knows about Walt Disney, but after hearing about his journey in depth, I am truly inspired.  Walt Disney is one of my role models because he was a true leader. He left such strong legacies, which now motivates me to always reach for the stars. One thing I really enjoyed was learning about Walt’s 4 C’s to success: constancy, confidence, courage, and curiosity. Success doesn’t mean everything will come easy in life-there is always going to be obstacles and people who don’t believe in you.  I’ve learnt to use this as a motivation, driving me to accomplish what I am capable of.  Walt Disney faced so many challenges throughout his journey, and now experiencing his success just encourages me to strive even more.  I want to always live up to my potential, because “I am Possible” – another concept we discussed. Walt Disney followed his dreams and has created a place that inspires and motivates so many people.  I am so glad we participated in the Youth Education Series, because of them as our leaders they have really inspirited me to always try my best, and never give up.

One dream I’ve always had was to travel with friends.  I am so glad I got the opportunity to attend this trip because I got to know so many more people and branch off to peers I haven’t really talked to.  I learnt so much about how to improve my leadership skills, which also helped me become more outgoing and better able to communicate with some of my fellow leaders.  We learnt that being a leader isn’t just an independent thing; it requires teamwork and engaging with others. I have built friendships that I am so forever grateful for, and I hope to keep for a long while.   Student Council is no longer a club; we are a family!  There are so many memories that I will cherish from this trip.  I am so glad I got to participate in this adventure with such an amazing group of people.  I will always look back to this trip in the future, and I know for sure the values I have learnt I will apply from here on.  Thank you to everyone who made this trip possible and unforgettable!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment