Thursday, May 15, 2014

Disney, Where Dreams Come True - by Sajini


My Disneyland experience was a great adventure that helped me grow and develop as a person and a leader. It taught me about what kind of brand I want to have and how to achieve my goals and dreams. Having academic and personal goals that almost all say is unattainable and that its time to be “realistic” weigh you down and make it feel like its time to get rid of your dreams and to think rationally, but after this trip I now have a response to all these people, “if not me, then who?”. I now have a newfound determination that is already helping me fight to achieve my goals.

“ If you can dream it, you can do it” - Walt Disney

Determination is a word that stood out to me during this whole trip. The meaning of this word only affected me the moment i stepped foot back home. It gave me the energy to start my future and to not quit no matter how big the obstacles are because you never know how close you are to making your dream into everyone else’s reality. My new found determination taught me to let everyone else say what they want and do as they will because what they do doesn't affect me at the end of the day or five years from now. My dream can make a difference and will bring me success and happiness and all the doubts should make me want to achieve higher success.

“ All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them” - Walt Disney

During this trip I also learned about being a leader and a great role model to base good leadership on is Walt Disney. One of his amazing theory’s that really changed my perspective is the “yes, if” tactic. This tactic is about always saying yes to new ideas but to add the “if” because that questions the persons idea but lets them figure out all the appropriate answers that would back up his or hers opinion without bluntly refusing others opinions. This shows good leadership because it shows how open you are to ideas of others and the willingness to hear the thoughts of other people beside yourself.

“You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality” - Walt Disney

This trip was an adventure for me and really took me out of my comfort zone and not only taught me many things about growing as an individual of a community but also that you can find new friendship with people you would least expect. I left home with an exciting thought in mind about getting to experience the hot California sun with friends and enjoy the small vacation but I came back with thoughts for my future, new leadership qualities and new friends. 


“We keep moving forward opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps bringing us down new roads” - Walt Disney


No comments:

Post a Comment